Wraps are a very healthy way to get ride of your sandwich cravings. You can take everything that you would normally put on a sandwich and place it into a tortilla, and you get a meal that you can have on a diet. They have also come a long way since you can now get wheat, flour, tomato spinach and many other flavors to to your tortillas. One way to make make a wrap easier, is to have your vegetables prepared for every day use. This will save you time.
I always have issues finding healthy meals that I like. Many of them are too bland or just do not appeal to me. This recipe was given to me by a friend. They told me that they tried it and it was very flavorful. So, I thought that I would give it a try. It really does have a great taste and is filling. I served this meal with fresh fruit to balance it out. You could also try a rice dish or a salad. Having the freshness helps bring out all of the other flavors.
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced (a minimum of 8 slices)
1 pound fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 flour tortillas
12 thin slices prosciutto
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Whisk the Italian dressing and mustard together. Place the mozzarella in a shallow dish. Pour the mixture over the cheese. Make sure to coat both sides. Set aside.
3. Place the asparagus onto a baking sheet. Add the oil, salt and pepper and toss. Cook in the oven for about 8 minuets or until they are crisp tender.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Brush the inside of the tortilla with marinade. Then top with 2-3 slices mozzarella, 3 slices prosciutto, and a quarter of the asparagus. Tightly roll up. Brush the outside with the marinade.
6. Brown the marinade until golden brown and the mozzarella is melted.
7. Slice and serve.
Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite type of wrap is.