I am a pasta lover, but it is not always the healthiest meal out there. I have found a few ways to include pasta in my diet, without it having to many calories. I have also made this dish as a gluten free pasta for my family members. Only a few simple changes are made to make it gluten free. First you will use corn starch instead of flour and second you will use gluten free pasta. When you cook the pasta, make sure it is not over cooked as it will fall apart on you. Give this cheesy, tasty alfrado sauce a try without breaking your diet. And if you are feeling a little naughty, then you can do what i did and add a piece of garlic bread.
Serving Size: 4 people
1 to 2 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound whole wheat fettuccine pasta
1 crown broccoli
1 1/4 cup low-fat milk
4 garlic cloves (you can do more or less depending on your preference; one will be for the garlic bread)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoon butter (1/2 teaspoon for bread)
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices of bread (optional; any kind you want)
1. Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the chicken and cook until there is not pink in the center, about 10 minuets.
2. Boil a large pot of water. Add the fettuccine and cook for about 10-11 minuets (just until al dente). Drain and add back into pot.
3. While the pasta is boiling, steam the broccoli. Add the chicken and broccoli to the cooked noodles.
4. Place the rest of the ingredients into a mixer (in the order listed). I use a vita-mix.
5. Slowly turn it to high and let it go for about 4-5 minuets.
6. Turn the oven onto broil. Mix one of the garlic’s with the extra butter. Spread on the bread and place in the oven. (times will vary, so keep and eye on the bread)
6. Pour over the fettuccine noodles and toss together.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
Please comment below and let me know what your favorite pasta dish is!