I came up with this recipe when I had to do a project for my high school culinary class. This is still one of my favorite meals to make. I have made this meal for many people and they all seem to like it. I have tried it on all ages. It is fun and different than what most Teriyaki chicken recipes taste like.
Directions for the Chicken
½ C. pineapple juice
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
¾ C. light soy sauce
½ Tsp. garlic powder
Pinch black pepper
½ Tsp. orange zest
4 chicken breast
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp. onion salt
1 8 Oz. can pineapple chunks
1 Tsp. corn starch
1/2 orange, cut in quarters
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk together pineapple juice, honey, brown sugar, light soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and orange zest. Set aside.
3. Season chicken breast with minced garlic and onion salt.
4. Place chicken in a 13×9-inch pan. Pour half of teriyaki sauce over chicken and place pineapple in pan.
5. Bake for 35 min.
6. Add corn starch into other half of teriyaki sauce and heat on low heat.
7. Pour sauce over chicken before serving. Put 1 orange quarter on top.
Instructions for the orzo
1½ C. chicken broth
1 C. orzo
1/3 Tsp. fresh basil chopped
1/2 Tsp. fresh oregano chopped
1 Tsp. fresh parsley chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add orzo. Cook for 15min on med-low heat.
3. Add in chopped basil, oregano, and parsley.
4. Plate and garnish with parsley. Serve.
I serve this meal with green beans and almonds. Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite vegetable is.