Zucchini has many health benefits such as it is high in potassium and are very low in calories. Roasted Red Potatoes and Sautéed Zucchini make a great side dish for any meat. These are both easy and tasty.
Serving size: 2 people
Red potato ingredients:
3/4 pounds red potatoes
1 sprig rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 large garlic gloves, chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a small baking dish with foil (This make for easy clean up).
3. Cut the potatoes in to bite size pieces. Add to the baking dish.
4. Add the rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil to the potatoes.
5. Mix all the ingredients together (I use my hands). Even out the potatoes.
6. Cook the potatoes for 40 minuets or until the potatoes are soft.
7. Serve with the zucchini and any meat that you are preparing.
1 Medium Zucchini
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasonal
1. Slice the zucchini into disk that are about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Melt the butter into your skillet on medium heat.
3. Add the zucchini.
4. Once the zucchini starts to soften up, add the pepper and seasonal.
5. Stir the zucchini periodically until it is soft, but not soggy.
6. Serve with any meat of you choosing.
You can try these two recipes with many meats. You can also use the same ingredients for the zucchini and grill them, instead of sauteing them. This adds a different flavor and will need to be cooked for a shorter period of time.
Comment below and let me know what you served this with.